Let’s face it, some simply do not have the time or the desire to browse through towns with all their vital records, military records and censuses hoping to find their ancestor’s vital records. You rather have someone do it for you. This is where I come in
This is what I do:
- Search through the free online Archive Departementales of France which includes parish and civil vital registres, military, and census records, the Archives of Belgium , which includes the Parish and Civil registres. Military records are sandwiched in with the civil marriage documents along with other records, and FamilySearch which has the French Canadian ‘Drouin” collection, along with most of the parish and civil records from the Departmental records of France and archives of Belgium with the only one online 1766 census. I also use other services to find names and information
- Extract only and all relevant vital information that is available on the document. Names, dates, places ect ( I do not translate the whole document)
- Send the vital info, GEDcom, images or the links to the images to you.
- Will search for additional generations of your family name, their spouses and children
I’m not a certified or professional genealogist, nor do I work for anyone. I charge $30 an hour for research time which is a lot less than most genealogists services. The typical time frame of researching starts at 3 hours or more for a small family tree and 7-or more for a multi-generational family tree. Depending on how many documents there are, It can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to extract info
*Free- If you know the town where your ancestor came from and the time frame they lived through, I will look to see if that person is actually there.
What I need from you:
- The name (s) you want me to research and the name of the town (canton or commune) your ancestor came from in France, Belgium and French Canada.
- How many hours you want me to research. Then pay for that amount before I begin.
- Which Records do you want me to look at. The choices are Birth/Baptism, Marriage, Death/Burial, Census (years vary), Military (if available)
You must have the Town name in order to proceed. If you have just the department, I can still search for you but it would be very expensive looking through the hundreds of towns
I have to be honest with you. Researching, finding information and records in the Archive Departementales of France, Belgium and French Canada and extracting the information is a very time consuming job. This is why I charge for my time
To pay for my services, please use my Paypal Link. Thank you!
Also, If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact me! I’m here to help.
Check out –> My Family Tree portfolio